The Best Bean Bag Chairs

When I was young, my favorite seat in the house was a cherry-red pleather bean bag that left a trail of tiny white beads everywhere I dragged it. My Tennessee bedroom lacked air conditioning, and I can still feel the seat’s surface peeling away from the backs of my thighs, like a Fruit Roll-Up, every time I stood. I would lounge in the bag next to a window, sunlight streaming in and illuminating all of the dust particles floating through the air around me. I spent who knows how long pretending that each mote was a tiny planet as I drifted through outer space in my ship.

Considering that some adults are now willing to pay thousands for a luxury beanbag, I don't think I'm the only one with an emotional attachment to these squishy seats that create an ideal spot for reading, scrolling, or simply daydreaming.

There are plenty of inexpensive options out there. But in our testing, we learned that price often matters greatly when it comes to bean bags, especially for adult bodies. Although quality materials cost more, they provide a lounging experience that feels like you’re floating inside a hug — rather than cracking your tailbone against the floor after a giddy trust fall into the past.



from Wirecutter: Reviews for the Real World https://ift.tt/9UC5olG
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nugget Is the ‘Original Play Couch.’ Costco’s Version May Be Better.

We Bought a 450-Pound Mystery Pallet Packed With Returned Goods From Amazon and Beyond. Here’s What We Found Inside.

The 30 Most Popular Prime Day Deals, According to Wirecutter Readers