We Tested All of the Skin-Care Products at Trader Joe’s. Some of It Is Actually Great.

You get your snacks with punny names, party-hosting dips, and frozen comfort meals at Trader Joe’s, so its beauty products may raise a few eyebrows. But its budget beauty products — including a rose facial mist and a marula oil — often go viral online for being dupes of more expensive counterparts. It’s all incredibly enticing.

But I must also be realistic. Trader Joe’s beauty products range from $4 to $12, so I’m not looking for the miracles or heavy glass packaging that I’d expect from luxury products at Sephora. I am, however, seeking pleasant textures and products that work — without angering sensitive skin.

Just like Trader Joe’s snacks, the products in its personal-care aisle tend to change. But for one month, I focused on testing its core skin-care offerings, and I got some help from two Wirecutter beauty experts, editor Rory Evans and writer Abbie Kozolchyk. I tracked how the products worked on their own, under makeup, in a dry office, and even during a humid summer trip to France and Greece.

And much like the items in its frozen-food aisle, Trader Joe’s skin-care section contains unskippable staples and a few missable flops.



from Wirecutter: Reviews for the Real World https://ift.tt/LdBcHkU
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nugget Is the ‘Original Play Couch.’ Costco’s Version May Be Better.

We Bought a 450-Pound Mystery Pallet Packed With Returned Goods From Amazon and Beyond. Here’s What We Found Inside.

The 30 Most Popular Prime Day Deals, According to Wirecutter Readers