Getting a Suit Tailored Is Less Intimidating Than It Sounds. Here’s How to Do It (And What It Will Cost).

Suddenly, I was in the midst of a sartorial emergency. It was July of 2017, and I’d been invited to a star-studded Hollywood party that was just a few days away. And I didn’t have a suit.

I scrambled around New York City, and when I did manage to find a suit, I faced a second conundrum: The sleeves and pants were unfinished.

Thankfully, the store pointed me to its tailor — Cardelino NYC Tailoring — and it has been my go-to ever since.

This little episode taught me two valuable lessons. Number one: Always have at least one decent suit in your closet at all times. (Our guide to the best men’s suits has got you covered.) Number two: Always have a reliable tailor on hand.

If you’re new to having a suit tailored, the prospect of finding a tailor — and then figuring out what to do after you have one — can be intimidating. We’ll explain how to land on the right tailor for you and what to expect from the process.



from Wirecutter: Reviews for the Real World https://ift.tt/ulMjhbn
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nugget Is the ‘Original Play Couch.’ Costco’s Version May Be Better.

We Bought a 450-Pound Mystery Pallet Packed With Returned Goods From Amazon and Beyond. Here’s What We Found Inside.

The 30 Most Popular Prime Day Deals, According to Wirecutter Readers