This Visual Timer Helps Me Get Things Done, Even on the Days My Brain Wants Me to Bed Rot

When I’m faced with any task that I suspect will take me longer than a few minutes to complete — folding the laundry, emptying the dishwasher, writing this very lede — I have a hard time getting started.

Drumming up the motivation to propel myself into motion is often the hardest part. Rationally, I know that whatever it is I have to do won’t actually take that long, but the part of my brain responsible for my executive functioning skills doesn’t always get the memo. So when a deadline is looming, but beginning a task feels insurmountable, I reach for my visual timer.



from Wirecutter: Reviews for the Real World https://ift.tt/3Obh4U7
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nugget Is the ‘Original Play Couch.’ Costco’s Version May Be Better.

We Bought a 450-Pound Mystery Pallet Packed With Returned Goods From Amazon and Beyond. Here’s What We Found Inside.

The 30 Most Popular Prime Day Deals, According to Wirecutter Readers